Ji-Yoon Park(b. 1992~) is a documentary filmmaker who is especially interested in expanding the boundaries of documentaries. Her filmmaking style involves defamiliarisation and recontextualisation to subvert perspectives that people are already familiar with as well as to explore various aspects of each story. Instead of choosing to make films based on a particular subject, she has made films based on curiosity, intuition and her lived experiences. Ultimately, she aims to create work that precisely captures people’s complicated emotions. She is currently developing new documentaries and open to collaborations.
다큐멘터리를 만드는 필름메이커. 특히 다큐멘터리의 경계를 확장하는데 관심이 많다. 낯설게 하기와 재맥락화를 통해 기존의 익숙한 관점들을 전환하고 각 이야기의 다양한 측면을 보여주는 방식의 영화 만들기를 주로 해왔다. 특정 주제에 기반해서 영화를 만들기보단 호기심, 직감 그리고 직접적으로 경험한 것들에 기초에서
영화를 만들려고 한다.
궁극적으로 사람들의 복합적인 감정을 가장 정확하게 포착하는 작업들을 하고 싶다. 현재 새로운 다큐멘터리들을 기획, 개발하는 중이며 콜라보레이션을 기대하고 있다.
education 2018-2019, 석사 - 영화연출, 에딘버러 예술대학
MA - Film Directing, Edinburgh College of Art, UK 2012-2017, 학사 - 방송영상&미술사학, 이화여자대학교
BA - Television and Film&Art History, Ewha Womans[sic] University, KR 2014, Exchange Programme in Art History, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain awards/nominations
directing and producing ‘The Way We Wait’ - DMZ Short Documentary Award Winner, DMZ Docs - UK Short Film Award Nominee, Open City Documentary Festival - Special Jury Award&Youssef Chahin Award Nominee, Cairo Int'l Film Festival
- San Diego Asian Film Festival, US / official selection
- Equinoxio Film Festival, Colombia /
- Jeju Hondie Film Festival, KR / short film competition
- EBS Int’l Documentary Festival, KR / official selection
- Otherfield Film Festival, UK / official selection
- Lago Film Fest, Italy / official selection
- Seoul Ind Women’s Film Festival, KR / short film competition
- AFI Docs, US / short film competition - Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival, UK / official selection
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival, UK / official selection
2020, - Cairo Int'l Film Festival, Egypt / special jury&youssef chahin award nominee - IDFA, Netherlands / student documentary competition - Aesthetica Short Film Festival, UK / official selection - artists’ film - Ji.hlava IDFF, Czechia / competition for experimental films - DMZ Docs, KR / short documentary award winner - Seoul Int'l Women’s Film Festival, KR / as part of the opening film - Open City Documentary Festival, UK / UK short film award nominee